We are just hours away from the tax deadline. If you are still pondering over your taxes, here are a few ways to help boost your tax refund.
Find additional deductions
Here is a listing of tax deductions I see often overlooked.
• Childcare expenses paid for summer camp and afterschool tuition.
• State taxes paid for the prior year
• Health savings account contributions (April 15th deadline)
• Nonbusiness bad debt expenses for money loaned or paid to others for services not fulfilled
• Consider changing your business entity if you are paying a great deal in self-employment taxes
• Take a good review of bank statements for missing deductions
• Check out my tax organizer at kemcents.
• 529 Contributions to your state’s qualified plan
• American Opportunity Credit, for undergraduate students
• Lifetime Learning Credit for studies outside of undergraduate