We are just hours away from the tax deadline. If you are still pondering over your taxes, here are a few ways to help boost your tax refund.
Find additional deductions
Here is a listing of tax deductions I see often overlooked.
• Childcare expenses paid for summer camp and afterschool tuition.
• State taxes paid for the prior year
• Health savings account contributions (April 15th deadline)
• Nonbusiness bad debt expenses for money loaned or paid to others for services not fulfilled
• Consider changing your business entity if you are paying a great deal in self-employment taxes
• Take a good review of bank statements for missing deductions
• Check out my tax organizer at kemcents.
• 529 Contributions to your state’s qualified plan
• American Opportunity Credit, for undergraduate students
• Lifetime Learning Credit for studies outside of undergraduate
[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][mk_button dimension=”flat” size=”large” icon=”mk-icon-file-pdf-o” url=”https://kemberley.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/kemcents-2018-tax-organizer.pdf” bg_color=”#cd467b” btn_hover_bg=”#cd467b” btn_hover_txt_color=”#ffffff”]Download 2018 Tax Organizer[/mk_button][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_empty_space][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/9VmYGRpWsq4″][/vc_column][/vc_row]